Instituted by the Directors on August 9, 2014
This Code applies to all members of the Vancouver Homebrewers Association (“VanBrewers”), all members’ guests and all VanBrewers meeting and event attendees (“Participants”).
THIS CODE AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO COMPENSATION. BY BECOMING A MEMBER OR ATTENDING A MEETING OR EVENT, YOU UNEQUIVOCALLY AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE CODE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT BECOME A MEMBER AND DO NOT ATTEND ANY MEETINGS OR EVENTS.
As a Participant, I agree and acknowledge that:
- I will obey this Code at all times and in all respects that are related to my attendance or participation in VanBrewers meetings or events (such times and respects being “Club Activities”).
- Participants in Club Activities must be 19 years old – the legal drinking age in British Columbia.
- Consumption of alcohol carries risks, including those related to health, operation of machinery and decision making. I am not required to consume alcohol, and will not pressure others to consume alcohol, at Club Activities. Any alcohol I consume or its resulting effects are solely my own risk.
- I will not drink and drive, operate machinery or perform similarly risky actions at Club Activities. I will arrange safe transportation before any Club Activities, and will ask for assistance if required.
- I will respect the property, rules and staff of any Club Activity site, and will generally behave like a conscientious adult at all times.
- I will consume and serve homebrew samples only within designated Club Activity spaces. I will remove all drinking vessels and waste I bring to or generate at a Club Activity, including monthly meetings, and will help to clean up more than my share of any mess. I will ensure that any homebrew I bring to a Club Activity is consumed, resealed in a container, or disposed of.
- Participants exhibiting violent or threatening behaviour, abusive language, intoxication or other unruly, unbecoming or inappropriate conduct at Club Activities will be ejected at the discretion of any VanBrewers Director or Club Activity organizer or host, and must leave the premises of the Club Activity immediately and without question or complaint.
- Any Participants who disobey this Code or the VanBrewers constitution or bylaws, or who otherwise behave in an unfit manner, may be banned from Club Activities and have their memberships revoked at the sole discretion of the VanBrewers Directors. Members are responsible for their guests.
- VanBrewer membership benefits are provided as-is, and maybe be altered or withdrawn at any time.
- I will not hold VanBrewers or any Participant liable for any damages or costs related to my actions or inactions at Club Activities. I will indemnify and save harmless VanBrewers and all Participants from any liability for damages and costs they may owe to third parties to the extent they result from my actions or inactions at Club Activities.