Take notice that the Annual General Meeting of the Vancouver Homebrewers Association (VanBrewers) will take place on Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 7:30 PM via Zoom. We had really hoped to hold this year’s AGM in-person, but… well.
A link to the Zoom meeting will be emailed to members-in-good-standing prior to the AGM.
Only VanBrewers members in good standing (e.g. paid-up) as of the date of the AGM may attend the AGM. Renewals and new memberships can be done online. Refer to the box above for your current membership status and expiry date.
The By-Laws of the Vancouver Homebrewers Association are available for review (PDF).
The minutes of the 2021 AGM are available for review (PDF).
Our current and long-time treasurer, David Haywood, has moved from Vancouver and is not standing for re-election. As such, we are seeking a new treasurer to join the VanBrewers board. As well, at least one at-large director position is open for nominations. All other current board members have indicated their desire to run again, however, nominations for all positions are open for nomination.
We require one member to serve as the Election Chair and run the election portion of the meeting. This member can not be nominated for a position on the 2022 Board of Directors. If you are interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call to order and verification of quorum
- Move acceptance of the agenda and election procedures
- Move acceptance of the minutes of the 2021 Annual General Meeting
- Call for nomination of the election chair
- Report from the President
- Reports from Officers & Directors
- New Business / Questions from the Floor
- Election of 2022-2023 executive
Elections for the Board of Directors
All officer and director positions on the VanBrewers Board of Directors are for a one-year term which expires at the conclusion of the AGM. Any member in good standing may stand for election to any position. The Board consists of the following positions:
- President (1) – Leader of the club and primary external face. Helps to know a few people in both homebrewing and commercial brewery circles.
- Treasurer (1) – Requires some accounting experience. Have to keep track of club’s financials, including expenses, income from club events/merchandise.
- Secretary (1) – takes meeting minutes, maintains our records, does annual society filings and ad hoc society business.
- Directors-at-large (2 to 4): Attend monthly executive meetings and monthly club meetings.
- General responsibilities may include membership management, planning club meetings, maintain social media presence, website management, coordination of local homebrew competitions and judging, coordination of national competition shipments.
- Coordinate/collaborate on at least one major project or club function per year (e.g., education events, advent calendar, juice buy, collaborative brew days, awards sponsorship).
Due to the AGM being conducted on-line, we are encouraging nominations in advance. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor during the AGM, but submitting nominations online will allow us to prepare for voting in advance and make the meeting run smoother. You can submit a nomination by filling out the nomination form. Advance nominations must be submitted by 7:30 PM on February 2, 2022.
Members must be present at the AGM to vote; our by-laws do not permit proxy voting.
Code of Conduct
The VanBrewers Code of Conduct is in effect at the AGM and all other club activities and events. Please review the Code of Conduct prior to the AGM.