Take notice that the Annual General Meeting of the Vancouver Homebrewers Association (VanBrewers) will take place on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 7:30 PM via Zoom. A link to the Zoom meeting will be emailed to members-in-good-standing prior to the AGM.
Only VanBrewers members in good standing (e.g. paid-up) may attend the AGM. Renewals and new memberships can be done online (https://vanbrewers.ca/join/annual-membership/). As a reminder, we have recently transitioned to a new membership platform; please log into your account on https://vanbrewers.ca to verify your membership status.
The By-Laws of the Vancouver Homebrewers Association are available for review (PDF).
The minutes of the 2020 AGM are available for review (PDF).
- Call to order and verification of quorum
- Move acceptance of the agenda and election procedures
- Move acceptance of the minutes of the 2020 Annual General Meeting
- Call for nomination of the election chair
- Report from the President
- Reports from Officers & Directors
- New Business / Questions from the Floor
- Election of 2020-2021 executive
Elections for the Board of Directors
All officer and director positions on the VanBrewers Board of Directors are for a one-year term which expires at the conclusion of the AGM. Any member in good standing may stand for election to any position. The Board consists of the following positions:
- President (1) – Leader of the club and primary external face. Helps to know a few people in both homebrewing and commercial brewery circles.
- Treasurer (1) – Requires some accounting experience. Have to keep track of club’s financials, including expenses, income from club events/merchandise.
- Secretary (1) – takes meeting minutes, maintains our records, does annual society filings and ad hoc society business.
- Directors-at-large (2 to 4):
- Attend monthly executive meetings and monthly club meetings.
- General responsibilities may include membership management, planning club meetings, maintain social media presence, website management, coordination of local homebrew competitions and judging, coordination of national competition shipments.
- Coordinate/collaborate on at least one major project or club function per year (e.g., education events, advent calendar, juice buy, collaborative brew days, awards sponsorship).
There is currently one vacant Director-at-large position; the other members of The Board have indicated that they will stand for nomination in their current positions. We encourage anyone interested in serving on the Board to stand for nomination.
Due to the AGM being conducted on-line, we are encouraging nominations in advance. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor during the AGM, but submitting nominations online will allow us to prepare for voting in advance and make the meeting run smoother. You can submit a nomination by filling out the nomination form. Advance nominations must be submitted by 7:30 PM on January 27, 2021.
Members must be present at the AGM to vote; our by-laws do not permit proxy voting.