Take notice that the Annual General Meeting of the Vancouver Homebrewers Association (VanBrewers) will take place on Saturday, February 4 at 12:00 PM at Container Brewing (1216 Franklin Street, Vancouver). The meeting will be held in their upstairs space.
Container Brewing is graciously hosting us in their space. Please help us thank them by buying a beer or two or by picking up a few cans to-go. Food will be available for purchase at the Burdy food truck outside. Homebrew is welcome (bottles/growlers, no kegs) to be shared during the AGM.
Only VanBrewers members in good standing (e.g. paid-up) as of the date of the AGM may attend the AGM. Renewals and new memberships can be done online. Refer to the box above for your current membership status and expiry date.
The By-Laws of the Vancouver Homebrewers Association are available for review (PDF).
The minutes of the 2022 AGM are available for review (PDF).
We require one member to serve as the Election Chair and run the election portion of the meeting. This member can not be nominated for a position on the 2023 Board of Directors. If you are interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com.
- Call to order and verification of quorum
- Move acceptance of the agenda and election procedures
- Move acceptance of the minutes of the 2022 Annual General Meeting
- Call for nomination of the election chair
- Report from the President
- Reports from Officers & Directors
- New Business / Questions from the Floor
- Election of 2023-2024 executive
Election for the Board of Directors
All officer and director positions on the VanBrewers Board of Directors are for a one-year term which expires at the conclusion of the AGM. Any member in good standing may stand for election to any position. The Board consists of the following positions:
- President (1) – Leader of the club and primary external face. Helps to know a few people in both homebrewing and commercial brewery circles.
- Treasurer (1) – Requires some accounting experience. Have to keep track of club’s financials, including expenses, income from club events/merchandise.
- Secretary (1) – takes meeting minutes, maintains our records, does annual society filings and ad hoc society business.
- Directors-at-large (2 to 4):
- Attend monthly executive meetings and monthly club meetings.
- General responsibilities may include membership management, planning club meetings, maintain social media presence, website management, coordination of local homebrew competitions and judging, coordination of national competition shipments.
- Coordinate/collaborate on at least one major project or club function per year (e.g., education events, advent calendar, juice buy, collaborative brew days, awards sponsorship).
Nominations may be made in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email nominations must be received before 11:59 PM on Friday, February 3, 2023.
Members must be present at the AGM to vote; our by-laws do not permit proxy voting. A Zoom option may be available for members who have moved out of Vancouver; if this interests you, please email email@example.com. Members attending via Zoom will be considered “present” for the meeting and eligible to vote.
Code of Conduct
The VanBrewers Code of Conduct is in effect at the AGM and all other club activities and events. Please review the Code of Conduct prior to the AGM.